Homemade Salt Scrub with infused oil, dried herbs and essential oil Ingredients
• 2 tablespoons of Rosehip infused oil (or oil of your choice) Sufficient sea salt to fill your container almost or a mix of salt and sugar (oats, coffee granules are also good additives for exfoliation)
• 5 to 15 drops of high-quality essential oils (choose your favourite oils both for scent and their medicinal qualities)
• 2 tsps of dried herbs (optional)
• Citrus zest for a zingy scrub (optional) For the infused oil, use sweet almond, grapeseed, olive oil, wheatgerm, jojoba or a combination of your favourite oil.
For the sea salt, use a good quality natural salt without additives. If you have sensitive skin, you can make a gentler sugar scrub or half salt and sugar instead.
Choose high-quality, essential oils.
Decide on the qualities you you’re your scrub to have and choose the oils accordingly. Lavender is relaxing, lemongrass is refreshing, and rosemary is stimulating.
You can experiment and do your own blend of fragrances depending on your personal preference
How to make your Salt Scrub
• Place the salt (or combined exfoliant) in a container, add herbs or other dry ingredients and then add the oil, mixing it well.
The texture should be moist enough to hold together but not overly oily, and you can adjust the amount of oil or add more salt to achieve the proper texture.
• Once you've achieved your ideal texture, you should then add in the drops of essential oil and again stir the mixture.
Store your scrub in a jar or sealed container. Have some fun decorating the container if it is a gift and provide a scoop or spoon attached so the user won’t have to put wet fingers into the jar.